Thank you for your interest in applying for a grant from our Foundation. Our 2019 grant cycle is now open and will close on May 31, 2019.
Baxter International Foundation Grant Process
Every day, our employees strive to make a meaningful difference in the lives of those who depend on our products and in the communities where we live and work. The Baxter International Foundation (Foundation), the philanthropic arm of Baxter International, helps advance the company's mission to save and sustain lives. We partner with organizations around the world to increase access to healthcare for the underserved, to develop the next generation of innovators who will lead the way in advancing healthcare and to create a long-lasting impact in Baxter's communities. We are proud to support initiatives and organizations that make a positive, lasting impact in these critical areas.
During this open grant cycle we seek submissions focused on meeting the needs of underserved communities aligned with our Foundation pillars: Increasing access to healthcare, Fostering Tomorrow's Innovation (STEM education) and promoting community resilience in Baxter communities around the world.
Under the increasing access to healthcare pillar, we seek proposals that test or scale innovative healthcare solutions designed to improve health service delivery, tackle barriers to access and improve health outcomes in the following priority health focus areas:
- Nutrition and malnutrition
- Clean water and WASH initiatives
- Health innovations in digital and tele-health
- Non-communicable diseases: diabetes prevention
Under our Fostering Tomorrow's Innovation pillar, we seek to nurture the next generation of scientific innovators, who will lead the way in defining tomorrow's healthcare technologies. We seek proposal submissions that focus on STEM (science, technology, engineering and math) educational programs targeting underserved communities.
Priority is given to support programs where Baxter employees live and work. Priority geographies for 2019 are Europe, Latin America, Canada and U.S. locations, such as:
- Opelika, Alabama
- Mountain Home, Arkansas
- Cleveland, Mississippi
- North Cove, North Carolina
- Puerto Rico
The Baxter International Foundation works closely with nonprofit organizations across the globe to identify and respond to a wide range of community needs. In all cases, we look to fund solutions that create measurable impact in Baxter’s communities. To better meet strategic community needs, we will move to an invitation-only application process in June and will therefore sunset our annual open grant cycle.
- Available Grant Term: 1 year/12 month programs
- Reporting: Determined on a per grant basis (no less frequent than an annual report)
- Overhead Expenses: Maximum of 15% per grant
Important Dates This Cycle
- Proposal Submission DEADLINE: May 31, 2019 by 11:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time
- Proposal Follow-Up Meetings: Between mid-June thru early August of 2019
- Notification of Funding Decisions: By early September of 2019
- Grant Support Mailed Out: October 2019