The AMIA automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) system with SHARESOURCE, a two-way, cloud-based telehealth platform, is the first and only APD device to include patient-centric features that help guide end-stage renal disease patients through their home peritoneal dialysis therapy, while allowing healthcare providers to remotely view and help manage their peritoneal dialysis (PD) treatment for end stage renal disease.
Guiding Patients at Home
- AMIA Automated Peritoneal Dialysis (APD) System, a pioneer of home-based PD therapy, is equipped with voice guidance that is available in three languages and walks patients through detailed instructions on how to perform their home therapy.
- The touchscreen control panel offers an easy-to-use graphical interface with animations.
Remote Patient Management
SHARESOURCE allows clinicians to securely view their patients’ recently completed home dialysis-related treatment data that is automatically collected after each PD session. Healthcare providers can then act on this information by remotely adjusting their patients’ home device settings without requiring the patient to travel to the clinic.
- AMIA is also up to 40 percent smaller and 30 percent lighter than HOMECHOICE and HOMECHOICE PRO
- Features a folding design when the touchscreen is not in use
- The compact design means AMIA fits in a TSA-compliant carry-on case or taken in a car, enabling patients to conduct therapy when traveling for work or leisure
Rx Only. For the safe and proper use, please refer to the appropriate Operator’s Manual.