Meet Sigma Spectrum
Sigma Spectrum's hardware works in concert with the pump's software to encourage use of innovative features that are designed to help enhance patient safety and clinician efficiency.
- The pumps automatically default to the installed drug library at power-on without requiring clinicians to take extra steps to "opt-in"
Sigma Spectrum Infusion System customers have achieved an overall average of 97% drug library compliance within 1 month of implementation.
- Sigma Spectrum is the only pump to include a built-in Dose/Rate Change Titration Error Prevention Feature, which helps clinicians protect high-risk infusions during titrations, and allows pharmacists to customize dose change limits for individual drugs
- Continuous quality improvement (CQI) analysis and pump data management capabilities are designed to help ensure the Sigma Spectrum drug library supports clinical practice
- Sigma Spectrum wirelessly updates the fleet’s drug library, ensuring that programming is based on the most up-to-date drug information**
Sigma Spectrum Infusion System with single set technology is designed to deliver efficiency improvements and cost savings, factors that may increase clinician satisfaction.
- Single set technology can yield up to 53% cost savings in IV tubing sets and up to 30% reduction in IV tubing usage, and it may reduce the number of setups and set changes, which can decrease the risk of touch contamination*
- Efficient, wireless drug library updates with no pump intervention or staff interaction needed, regardless of power mode or infusion status**
- Auto-documentation of infusion history can save nurses time spent on documentation so their focus can be on patient care
*Data provided by three facilities. 2011-2013
**Battery capacity must be greater than 25% when pump is off and not connected to AC power.
For more information, please visit www.sigmapumps.com.
The SIGMA Spectrum Infusion Pump with Master Drug Library is intended to be used for the controlled administration of fluids. These may include pharmaceutical drugs, blood, blood products and mixtures of required patient therapy. The intended routes of administration consist of the following clinically accepted routes: intravenous, arterial, subcutaneous, epidural or irrigation of fluid space. The SIGMA Spectrum Infusion Pump with Master Drug Library is intended to be used in conjunction with legally marketed and compatible intravenous administration sets and medications provided by the user.
The SIGMA Spectrum Infusion Pump with Master Drug Library is suitable for a variety of patient care environments such as, but not limited to, hospitals and outpatient care areas.
The SIGMA Spectrum Infusion Pump with Master Drug Library is intended to reduce operator interaction through guided programming, thereby helping to reduce errors. The SIGMA Spectrum Infusion Pump with Master Drug Library is intended to be used by trained healthcare professionals.
Rx Only. For the safe and proper use, please refer to the appropriate Operator's Manual.