Effective Date: November 1, 2017
By using this website, you accept the privacy practices summarized in this statement. We encourage you to read this statement in full to understand Baxter's privacy practices before using this website or submitting any personal information.
What Personal Information We Collect
We may collect personally identifiable information on Baxter web-sites including:
- Contact information, such as your name, home or other physical address, email, telephone number, fax number, organization name, and/or job title when you submit a contact form or an online job application.
- Unique identifiers and preference information such as your username, password, marketing preferences, internet protocol (IP) address, browser type, operating system, computer or mobile device, your navigation and clickstream behavior from actions that you take on our website.
- At various places on our site, we have feedback forms that ask for your name, address, email address and phone number, etc. This information is collected by us when you submit it to us voluntarily.
We may also collect the following personal information from you about your contacts or associates:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Position or Job Title
- Mailing address
- Phone number
If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
How We Use Personal Information Collected
- To provide you with information. We use the information you have provided to us to respond to your requests and provide information that you have requested from us. We also may send you additional information about other Baxter products and services.
- For our operations. We may use and disclose information about you in connection with our ongoing business operations. This may include disclosure of this information to vendors retained by Baxter to assist us with our operations. These vendors have entered into confidentiality agreements with Baxter and may only use this information in connection with providing services to Baxter.
- We use the information you have provided to us for various purposes where applicable, including to enable delivery of products and services to you, to respond to your requests, which include providing you with our product and service updates, to enable you to participate in surveys or questionnaires posted on our web-site, and to provide you with opportunities to learn about other products, programs, or services that we believe may be of interest to you.
How We Share Personal Information Collected
Sharing with Service Providers
We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as shipping your order or offering customer service. These companies are authorized to use personal information about you only as necessary to provide these services to us. Baxter does not sell such personal information to third parties.
Sharing with Third Parties other than Service Providers
We may share your information with third-party business partners, for instance, for the purpose of enhancing our products and services or so that they can market their products or services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to any other third party with your prior consent. To request removal of personal information or if you do not want us to share your personal information with these companies, please contact us at email@example.com.
- In certain situations, Baxter may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including meeting national security or law enforcement requirements.
- If Baxter is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a notice on our web-site of any change in ownership, uses of your personal information, and choices you may have regarding your personal information.
- When disclosure is necessary for product safety or the health and safety of others, investigate fraud or respond to a government request.
Some of our websites offer publicly accessible blogs or community forums. You should be aware that any information you provide in these areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your personal information from our blog or community forum, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your personal information, in which case we will let you know if we are unable to do so and why.
Access and Opt-Out Choices
Upon request, Baxter will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your personal information. You may access, correct or request deletion of your personal information by accessing your account profile for a specific Baxter web-site or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. Requests for changes to your personal data should be made directly by you. We will respond to your request within a reasonable timeframe.
To "opt-out" of having your personal data disclosed to third parties for a particular marketing or promotional communication, or any other consent previously granted for a specific purpose concerning your personal data, follow the unsubscribe instructions included in the specific communication. If you are unable to opt-out in this manner, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you believe that one of your contacts has provided us with your personal information and you would like to request that it be removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com.
Baxter sometimes receives information from the clinics, physicians and hospitals Baxter serves (“Customers”). If you are a client of one of our Customers and would no longer like to be contacted by one of our Customers that use our service, please contact the Customer that you interact with directly. We may transfer personal information to companies that help us provide our service.
Transfers to subsequent third parties are covered by the service agreements with our Customers.
- In some circumstances, when Baxter processes data on behalf of another customer, Baxter has no direct relationship with the individuals whose personal data it processes. An individual who seeks access, or who seeks to correct, amend, or delete inaccurate data should direct their query to Baxter’s customer (the data controller). If requested to remove data, we will respond within a reasonable timeframe.
In the Careers section of our site, visitors can submit resume information, enabling individuals to express their interest in becoming part of the Baxter team and contact or be contacted by prospective Baxter representative or agents.
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services.
In the circumstances of Baxter processing information on behalf of another party, Baxter will retain personal data we process on behalf of our Customers for as long as needed to provide services to our Customer.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
This website is not directed to children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13. If you think that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Consent to Data Processing Outside Home Country
By using our site, or providing information to Baxter, you understand and unambiguously consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention of information in the United States and other countries and territories, for the purposes set forth in this statement. You hereby consent to the collection, use, disclosure and retention by Baxter of your personal data as described in this statement, including but not limited to the transfer of your personal data between Baxter’s third parties, affiliates and subsidiaries. For further certainty, any consent relating to a right to transfer information referred to in this paragraph shall be deemed to include your consent to the transfer of the applicable personal data to a jurisdiction which may provide a different level of privacy protection than that available in your own country.
As a global company, Baxter employs a multi-faceted approach to protecting the personal information with which it has been entrusted. For example, when transferring personal information between corporate entities, Baxter relies on different legal transfer mechanisms (e.g., standard contractual clauses or Privacy Shield certification) depending on the type of personal information needed and countries involved. Please contact Baxter for any questions you might have or for additional information regarding the protections in place to protect your personal information.
Tracking Technologies We Use
Like many websites, baxter.com may use "cookies." A cookie is a small file that is transferred to your computer's hard drive to help us improve content (e.g., it helps us determine which parts of the site are popular and which are less popular, so we may improve these areas in the future) and customize website content for our visitors. We will not combine cookie information with any personal information you have submitted to us. You may set your browser to reject cookies and to let you know when a cookie is being placed on your computer.
As is true of most websites, we gather certain information automatically. This information may include Internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, the files viewed on our site (e.g., HTML pages, graphics, etc.), operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data to analyze trends in the aggregate and administer the site.
- To understand our visitors: When you visit our site, our computers may automatically collect statistics in aggregate about visitor behavior. We may monitor statistics and other data such as how many people visit our site, the user's IP address, which pages people visit, from which domains our visitors come, which browsers people use and how they move about our website. We use this data about your visit for aggregation purposes only. These statistics are used to help us to understand our visitors’ interests and improve the content and performance of our website.
- We will use commercially reasonable means not to set advertising cookies on the computers of users who appear to be located in the European Union and Switzerland at the time you access our website.
Social Media Features
Do Not Track
Baxter does not track the users of this web site over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Our web pages contain electronic images (called a "single-pixel gif" or "web beacon") that allow us to count page views or to access our cookies. In general, any electronic image viewed as part of a web page, including an ad banner, can act as a web beacon. Web beacons are typically very small, 1 by 1 pixel size, banner-like files, but their presence can be easily seen within Internet Explorer by clicking on "View" and then on "Source." Web beacons are so small in order not to use valuable space on the computer screen that is better used to display helpful content. We also may include web beacons in HTML-formatted newsletters containing graphics that we send to opt-in subscribers in order to count how many newsletters have been read. In addition, some advertising networks that serve ads on our websites may use web beacons within their clearly visible banner advertisements. Our web beacons do not collect, gather, monitor, or share any personal information about our website visitors. They are just the technique we use to compile our anonymous, aggregated statistics about website usage.
Internet Protocol (IP) Addresses
This site uses Internet protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses are unique identifiers automatically assigned to each computer when logging onto the Internet. IP addresses allow us to collect much of the same information we collect through cookies, including browser-type, what pages you visit, and how long you stay on the site. In general, IP addresses allow us to identify problems with our servers, prepare aggregate demographic information and other information regarding the use of this site, and improve the functions of this site.
We consider the protection of all personal information we receive from our website visitors and others as critical to our corporate mission. Please be assured that we have security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of any personal information we receive from you. We follow generally accepted standards to protect personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once it is received. As with any transmission over the internet, however, there is always some element of risk involved in sending personal information. We incorporate into our website and corporate operations reasonable and appropriate security standards to protect the personal information that we maintain. If you have any questions about the security of your personal information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (“HIPAA”)
Baxter maintains a HIPAA Privacy & Security Compliance Program to address the privacy and security provisions of HIPAA requirements. Under HIPAA, each covered entity (health care provider, health plan or health care clearinghouse) is required to provide or make available to you a Notice of Privacy Practices (NoPP), depending on your interaction with the covered entity. To the extent a Baxter affiliate and subsidiary is a covered entity or a business associate, a NoPP will be provided to you or made available to you.
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
Baxter International, Inc. and its subsidiary Baxter Healthcare Corporation participates in and has certified its compliance with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. We are committed to subjecting all personal data received from European Union (EU) member countries and Switzerland, respectively, in reliance on each Privacy Shield Framework, to the Framework’s applicable Principles. To learn more about the Privacy Shield Frameworks, and to view our certification, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield List.
Baxter International Inc. is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives, under each Privacy Shield Framework, and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Baxter International Inc. complies with the Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland, including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Frameworks, Baxter International Inc. is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, we may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact our U.S.-based third party dispute resolution provider (free of charge) at https://feedback-form.truste.com/watchdog/request.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Complaint Handling Process
Baxter is committed to ensuring that complaints and disputes concerning Baxter's privacy practices are investigated and resolved. For this reason, we have developed a privacy complaint handling procedure. It is our intention to resolve all complaints through this procedure.
Baxter respects your privacy and if you have submitted a concern to Baxter, we have placed your issue into our Complaint Handling Process that is intended to investigate and take steps to resolve your concerns.
Privacy questions or complaints may be submitted to Baxter by email, telephone or post office mail as indicated below:
|Telephone:||Ethics and Compliance Hotline at 1-844-294-5418|
Baxter Healthcare Corporation
We recognize, however, that there may be instances where resolution through our internal procedures is not achievable, or where complainants may wish to avail themselves of alternative dispute resolution mechanisms. You may submit your concern:
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may periodically update our policy and this statement to describe new website features, products or services we offer and how it may affect our use of information about you. If we make material changes to this our Policy, we will post a notice on this site prior to the change becoming effective. We encourage you to periodically review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
You may also write to us at:
Baxter International Inc.
ATTN: Privacy Officer, Global Privacy Office
1 Baxter Parkway, Deerfield, IL USA 60015