BioScience Fact Sheet
Baxter’s BioScience business continues its 60-year legacy of providing life-saving and life-sustaining specialty therapies. BioScience treatments share the common connection of improving the lives of patients with rare conditions, chronic diseases or limited treatment options.
Baxter treatments address a range of critical care disciplines:
- Hemophilia therapy - A leading innovator in hemophilia management, Baxter develops recombinant and plasma-based therapies for people with bleeding disorders.
- Antibody therapy - Baxter is a leading provider of immunoglobulin therapies for people living with immunodeficiencies and multifocal motor neuropathy.
- Critical care therapy - Albumin is a plasma-volume expander used to treat burns and maintain adequate fluid volume in critically ill and trauma patients. Baxter is the only company to offer albumin in both glass containers and flexible plastic bags, which weigh less, eliminate the risk of breaking and streamline infusion set up, enabling use in diverse conditions.
- Pulmonology therapy - Baxter is the only company to offer albumin in both glass containers and flexible plastic bags, which weigh less, eliminate the risk of breaking and streamline infusion set up, enabling use in diverse conditions.
- Biosurgery - Baxter offers biological products and delivery devices used for hemostasis, tissue sealing, adhesion reduction, hard tissue regeneration, as well as soft tissue repair and microsurgery products.
- Vaccines - Baxter provides vaccines for meningitis C and tick-borne encephalitis.
Research & Development
Baxter’s BioScience business is supported by a robust research pipeline. The desire to improve lives drives the organization’s R&D priorities, including the development of advanced hemophilia therapies and investigation of treatments for other bleeding disorders; development of treatments for niche conditions within oncology; and discovery and evaluation of biosimilar candidates.