DEERFIELD, Ill., Nov. 17, 2016 — Baxter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX) has been at the forefront of innovation to advance the treatment of kidney disease for more than 60 years. On the occasion of the American Society of Nephrology’s (ASN) 50th anniversary being held at Kidney Week, Nov. 15-20 in Chicago, Baxter is pleased to be a leader in partnering with ASN to deliver innovative therapies for patients with end-stage renal disease (ESRD) and further elevate the standard of care for these patients.
In addition to contributing to the latest scientific exchange about innovation and therapeutic practices for home, in-center and acute dialysis, Baxter will host a SHARESOURCE remote patient management room where congress attendees will have the opportunity to experience the only two-way telehealth platform available for home dialysis patients. SHARESOURCE is available on the AMIA automated peritoneal dialysis (APD) system in the United States and the HOMECHOICE CLARIA APD system in select Asian, European, Latin American countries.
Baxter also will host an exhibitor spotlight about advancing ESRD therapy through HDx at the conference on Nov. 19, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m. HDx, or expanded hemodialysis, is a new type of therapy that provides high performance treatments with integration into existing healthcare infrastructure.
Key company-sponsored data presentations include:
Thursday, Nov. 17
- Cytokine Removal by Different Dialysis Membranes (Abstract #PO942)
- MCO Dialyzer: Enhanced High-Flux Membrane with Expanded Toxin Removal (Abstract #PO943)
- Middle Molecule Kinetics during Hemodialysis and Hemodiafiltration Based on a Two-Compartment Model (Abstract #PO953)
- Performance of Hemodialysis with Novel Medium Cut-Off Dialyzer (Abstract #PO954)
Friday, Nov. 18
- Use of Novel Phosphate-Containing Replacement Solution for Treating Hypophosphatemia in Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT): Predictions from a Mass Balance Model (Abstract #PO841)
- High Cut-Off Dialysis Is Efficient with HCO Membrane (Abstract #PO845)
- Offering Patients Therapy Options in Unplanned Start (OPTiONS) (Abstract #PO1042)
- Patient-Centric User-Interface in Automated Peritoneal Dialysis: Impact on Training and Outcomes at a Single Center (Abstract # PO1047)
Saturday, Nov. 19
- Cloud-Based Connectivity Platform Allows for Remote Management of Automated Peritoneal Dialysis and Early Recognition of Catheter Dysfunction: First Swiss Experience (Abstract #PO023)
- Remote Monitoring of Patients on Automated Peritoneal Dialysis Saves Healthcare Resources in a Simulation Study (Abstract #PO483)
- Biocompatibility of a New Bicarbonate Containing PD Solution, Reguneal Measured as In Vitro Proliferation of Fibroblasts (Abstract #PO1085)
- Adequacy of a Single Daily Icodextrin Exchange as Initial Therapy for Incident End-Stage Renal Disease Patients with Residual Kidney Function: Predictions from the Three-Pore Model (Abstract #PO1100)
About Baxter International Inc.
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-center dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; biosurgery products and anesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter, Amia, HomeChoice Claria and Sharesource are registered trademarks of Baxter International Inc.