Stakeholders play an essential role in Baxter's continued success, and the company takes their varied perspectives into account. Engagement with a broad range of stakeholders provides valuable insights about how the company is perceived, how its products are used and can be improved, and potential sources for innovation and inspiration.
Baxter selects stakeholders with whom to engage based on their expertise in the company’s priority areas, their influence, and their willingness to collaborate constructively. The company’s five primary stakeholder groups are patients/healthcare providers, employees, communities, governments/payers and shareholders.
For example, Baxter has been a member of Ceres since 1997, and works with the organization to enhance the company’s corporate responsibility performance and disclosure. Other stakeholders that Baxter engages with include:
- American Society for Parenteral and Enteral Nutrition (A.S.P.E.N.)
- Direct Relief
- Diversity Best Practices
- Healthcare Business Women’s Association (HBA)
- National Kidney Foundation
- Partnership for Quality Medical Donations
- Society of Corporate Compliance and Ethics
- The Oley Foundation
- US-ASEAN Business Council