Baxter and its employees support communities worldwide through financial contributions, product donations, healthcare access initiatives, and employee volunteerism. Increasing access to healthcare, promoting community service and supporting employee engagement are central to the company’s approach.
Baxter’s community support efforts benefit people in need worldwide, while strengthening the company’s business. These initiatives improve community relations, demonstrate Baxter’s commitment, encourage employee engagement, and complement the company’s other efforts to increase access to healthcare, including in emerging markets.
These guidelines apply to community wellness and engagement support, STEM Education programming, The Baxter International Foundation and Contributions to Healthcare Organizations. Medical Education and Investigator Initiated Research Grants have separate guidelines.
There are a number of programs and activities that Baxter will not support through charitable contributions. These include, but are not limited to:
- Programs that do not align with Baxter’s mission or business priorities
- Fraternal or religious organizations
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis of race, gender or sexual orientation/gender identity
- Fundraisers such as galas and golf outings
- General operating support including capital and endowment campaigns and requests (includes requests for infrastructure of any kind including furniture, lab supplies, equipment, vehicles, etc.)
- Individuals seeking Baxter support for individuals, patients and healthcare professionals to travel, to attend programs, go to school, etc.
- Medical mission trip support or requests for Baxter product for medical missions
- Sponsorship of conferences that provide healthcare professional continuing education credits
- Lobbying of any kind
- Salaries of existing staff – unless the salary is for the program/initiative that Baxter is funding
- Entertainment of any kind, this includes admission to amusement parks, sporting events, museums, etc.,
- General expenses for individuals and patients such as insurance co-payments, deductibles, coinsurance, utilities, housing, food or travel
- Events and programs that have already taken place or are due to take place in less than six weeks
At Baxter, we are committed to saving and sustaining lives and creating healthier communities. Every day, we strive to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the people who depend on our products, and in the communities where we live and work.
Baxter is currently accepting applications to expand its community partnerships in Northern Illinois and locations near Baxter facilities in the United States. Baxter does not provide support for galas, golf outings or other similar fundraisers. The company is most interested in supporting community education or programs that impact the underserved in locations where Baxter has a presence. Questions about whether or not your proposal aligns with Baxter funding priorities? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Baxter has an interest in fostering tomorrow’s innovation and as such, has been investing in STEM education since 2008. Baxter’s STEM program, Science@Work: Expanding Minds with Real-World Science focuses on teacher training and student development in the health sciences as well as providing funding for innovation labs in locations where Baxter has a presence.
Baxter is currently accepting applications to expand its STEM partnerships near its facilities in the United States.
Through the Community Grants Program, the Foundation is able to address healthcare needs worldwide, particularly in areas where employees live and work. Priority is given to organizations that partner with Baxter colleagues around the globe to address the needs of the underserved and disadvantaged. These local relationships allow for more thorough, targeted grants with measurable outcomes.
The Contributions Management Program accepts requests for contributions to U.S. Healthcare Organizations (HCOs) that enhance healthcare delivery, increase access to patient care, and foster understanding and education of therapeutic and disease states. Contributions to HCOs are due the last Tuesday of each month for review the second Tuesday of the following month. Baxter does not provide support for galas, golf outings or other similar fundraisers. The company is most interested in supporting community/patient education or wellness programs in locations where Baxter has a presence.
The objective of the Baxter Grants Program is to support clinician and patient education programs, and Investigator Initiated Research projects associated with the use of biologics, pharmaceuticals, biotechnology products and medical devices.
Read more about Baxter’s efforts in this area in the Innovation that Expands Access to Care and Community Engagement sections of the Baxter 2016 Corporate Responsibility Report.