Internships are a great way for you to learn about Baxter, and for us to learn about you.
Baxter is committed to developing its employees and providing them with opportunities that are personally challenging and professionally rewarding. The internship/co-op program will allow students to gain hands-on experience with different aspects of development and support in the healthcare space.
Through our robust program, interns gain 12 weeks of practical work experience that directly relates to their academic studies and career goals. Baxter interns not only assume full responsibility and contribute in a professional capacity, but they learn from, and work and network with, Baxter professionals from a variety of areas across the organization. The goal of our internship program is to potentially develop and retain the best talent by converting top-performing interns into associates of the rotational development programs, where applicable.
For those looking for co-op opportunities, our co-op program offers academic credit for a three- or six-month assignment designed to ultimately provide participants with experience related to and consistent with their academic and career goals. For co-op opportunities, there must be a partnership agreement between a student, employer and university.
Rewards & Benefits
Baxter evaluates undergraduate and graduate candidates based on the same criteria as entry-level employees, which includes grade point average, leadership abilities, communication skills and relevant coursework. Specifically, Baxter looks for interns/co-ops who have:
- A grade point average of 3.0 or higher (on 4.0 scale)
- A diverse set of extracurricular activities
- At least one year of college and are enrolled in school the semester following their internship
Baxter Ranked #38 Best Overall Internship
- “Fantastic opportunity to learn from the best.”
- “A fun, educational experience that I would love to do again.”
- “Valuable experience, networking opportunities, fun.”
- “Once-in-a-lifetime experience.”
- “Global marketing experience with an industry-leading healthcare organization.”
- “Patient-focused; a meaningful, fulfilling experience.”
- “Skill building in an expanding industry.